Our One Life Plan includes three key components:
One Life Build
One Life Give
One Life Reach
Each component is essential to our church’s ultimate mission [Leading People to Follow Jesus] and rests on the 100% participation of every person who calls TCC their home.
After 12 years, God is enabling us to have our own home. We started in an elementary school cafegymnatorium, ran church offices out of the Lead Pastor’s home, and now have leased space with a visibility that faces our community’s industrial park. We were called into existence to make disciples. To teach and to baptize. To lead people to follow Jesus.
After trying to effect seismic impact in this limited scenario, we believe that God has blessed us with a wonderful new opportunity— to make room for more, to provide a powerful visibility for our community and to establish a community-building Commons space that will help us build connecting bridges to the very people God is calling us to reach.
The OneLife: BUILD portion of our Plan is all about seeking a financial commitment from each person who calls The Crossroads home [either full- or part-time], or who is a friend of The Crossroads, to help us achieve our vision by providing the resources we need to complete these vital objectives:
- Provide a beautiful new façade, signage and lighted cross— visible from the expressway and by our community— effectively inviting the people of our community to join us in our mission.
- Triple the space we currently have, for approximately $.60 on the dollar— a prayer we began asking God to provide more than a year ago.
- A warm and inviting Commons environment [in the space between the buildings], designed with our unbelieving friends and neighbors in mind. A place that will become a destination for families, lovers of music and groups of all shapes and sizes. Since we have long believed that part of our mission is to be a church “unchurched people LOVE to attend,” then making this Commons magnetically attractive will be worth every penny we spend. We plan to design, build and then effectively gift to our community a space that is funded and resourced by believers…but with their needs primarily in mind. This beautiful space will allow room for spiritual conversation, and an environment where relationships can blossom. We are convinced that as we invest our OneLife into reaching one more life— by God’s grace, some will come. Most will come one life at a time— the hurting, the broken, the empty— and they will sense that there is a filling that can be found here. So walls start to fall.Conversations add texture. Until a tiny seed of faith emerges. Subtly, at first. But it’s real. Until ultimately, miraculously, one more life is forever changed. Then another. And another. Until “one more” becomes so much more!
- Expand the size and scope of our Lobby. Currently, our greatest obstacle to helping connect people to our ministry is the cramped environment most encounter immediately after a worship service. We seek to change that by creating a welcoming environment of high quality ministry touch points can happen.
- As gifts permit, we hope to offer a fully re-imagined Kids and Students facility that reflects a strong commitment to the rising generation.
- Ultimately, we will expand our auditorium to reach twice as many people than we currently can reach.
We are committed to sacrificing to make this build-out happen. To make financial gifts of love beyond our current giving over the course of the next three years. Will this stretch us all? Absolutely. And if this plan cannot help us fulfill our mission from Jesus, then it is not worth our effort, resources and time. But if it can…? It will be worth every penny.
– One Life Build –
A warm and inviting Commons environment [in the space between the buildings], designed with our unbelieving friends and neighbors in mind. A place that will become a destination for families, lovers of music and groups of all shapes and sizes. Since we have long believed that part of our mission is to be a church “unchurched people LOVE to attend,” then making this Commons magnetically attractive will be worth every penny we spend.
Expand the size and scoop of our Lobby. Currently, our greatest obstacle to helping connect people to our ministry is the cramped environment most encounter immediately after a worship service. We seek to change that by creating a welcoming environment of high quality ministry touch points can happen.
- Increase community visibility
- Triple our ministry space
- Stage 1: Facade/Signage/Lighted Cross facing I-17
- Stage 2: Commons Environment/Lobby
- Stage 3: Children/Students/Worship Center
- He’s in control.
- Follow God’s direction.
- 100% participation. All in.
- Individual involvement of time, talents & treasures.
- Financial stewardship.
- Sacrificial giving to leave a legacy.
FIRST FRUITS PYRAMID
Prayerfully consider the part that God is calling you to play in being a
First Fruits giver. Reaching our goal by June 1 will enable us to begin
Stage 1 & 2 of construction this summer.
THREE YEAR GIVING CHART
Use this chart as a tool when praying about the ways God is asking you to give. Allow it to inspire and challenge you toward greater generosity as we embark
on OneLife together.
Ask God what gift to OneLife would honor Him as a bold step of faith.
OneLife gifts and commitments represent sacrificial giving–above and beyond your tithe or regular giving.
How can I use my one life to reach another one life and lead them to follow Jesus, both in 2017 and beyond?
That’s a question we hope every ‘Roadster will ask of themselves. Because beyond the GIVE need and the BUILD plan— the REACH portion is all about our ultimate mission. We want every OneLife in our church to stretch to help one more life find faith in Christ. This year. And then next year. And beyond…until Jesus comes. Andy Stanley once said, “Do for one what you wish you could do for everyone.” Well, no one life can win the whole world, but we can save the world one more life at a time.
How can TCC help you in the execution of this mission?
- We will offer, on this website, a self-guided mapping tool for how you can tell your story to someone else. In this “This Is My Life” guide, you will be taught how to talk to practically anyone about your life before you came to Christ, your life when you came to Christ and what your life is like since you came to Christ.
- In addition, we plan to offer three OneLife Sundays each year [along with other OneLife Events] that every ‘Roadster will know: “If I invite my ‘one life’ to come with me to this program, it will be safe for them. It will be fun and engaging as well. And, best of all, the gospel will be presented concisely, compassionately and clearly.”
We have become believe that leveraging the power of my OneLife must include:
…making the Gospel make sense.
…utilizing social intelligence by shaping conversations around the need of the one life we hope to reach.
…developing cross-cultural competency in a, clearly, post-Christian age.
…adhering to the way Jesus interacted with people: Jesus didn’t beat people up; He built people up. And so should we.
We must aggressively make this move so that we stop doing the same things the same way with the same tools— even as we foolishly expect a different result.
The time is short…the end is at hand. And since we want to take as many people with us to heaven as we possibly can— this not only can be done; it must be done.